Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why do I blog?

More than 6 years ago, I had maintained a small yet very useful website with lyrics and NIRVANA information. The dot-com bust was in and Web 2.0 was yet to be dreamed up. The term "blog" was not bandied about by the high and sundry.

Back then, I had noted that I would have wanted my site to also be an online diary of my life. What purpose would it serve?, why would I want hapless surfers a peek into my mundane existence?, I did not know. But I did start it and soon gave it up - blogging never happened and it was too cumbersome to maintain a blog when you have write the code too!

And, in circa 2006 when Google and Web 2.0 was everybody's baby, I signed up to blog. Why?

1. Everybody else is doing it, so I should too? (Nope, I am not so good at following crowds and trends.)
2. I have a lot to share with people from my variegated life? (Unlikely.)
3. I have my Oscar acceptance speech ready and this is the closest I am going to get people to hear (or read) it? (Ideally true but considering the # of people who ready my blog, very ambitious.)
4. There is a hidden writer in me craving for release? (Probably.)
5. Something to brag about? (That 2 people read my last post and commented?)
6. I have nothing better to do? (Close)
7. I don't know (Pretty close too!)

Wondering...

1 comment:

jsha said...

Ah, What a question, fellow blogger?
Point 4 is defintely on my list.
I blog becuase
1. I want to write something that has got me excited or upset. Release is the word.
2. Someone told me I express better when i write.
3. I am not much of a talker these days.
4. I want people to appreciate the motley of a mind i have.
I have more, but then this is supposed to be comment on your post and not my blog post.:)